Wednesday, July 28, 2010

If you were baking a cake and the recipe called for 250 of sugar, how could you find this amount?

250 what???? Depending on what that is, I might find it in my cupboard, at the store, or at the sugar refinery.If you were baking a cake and the recipe called for 250 of sugar, how could you find this amount?
It is 1 and 1/4 cup of sugar. I bake by weight all the time and 200 grams equals 1 cup of sugar.





Another trick to finding this is to look at the nutrition information on the side of the product. They often list a serving of dry ingredients in volume (cup, tablespoon, etc.) and weight (grams).If you were baking a cake and the recipe called for 250 of sugar, how could you find this amount?
i think its


1/2 sugar....


it depends whether


1/2 cup,


grams.. etc.
I see a couple of problems with your question, you don't say 250 of what, and you ask how I would do it. Supposing 250grams, which seems possible for one cake, I would just weigh it as I have a scale. If you don't have a scale, I have just weighed 250gm of sugar, and the volume is close to: 1:1/8 cups, 9oz, 18 tbsp, 260ml.





One could also look in a large cookbook and see if there is conversion table, might not be, but could be worth a try

No comments:

Post a Comment