Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is your favorite coffee cake recipe?

When I was a kid, my mom would always make Velvet Crumb Cake. The recipe used to be printed on the Bisquick box. After reading your question I had a huge craving for this coffee cake. So I did a search on the web and finally found it. Here is the link if you are interested in it.


http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/reci鈥?/a>





P.S. Thank you for asking this question. I may have forgotten all about Velvet Crumb Cake if it wasn't for you.What is your favorite coffee cake recipe?
I think what you're looking for is in this free ebook. It's a compilation of 490 award winning recipes and a free easy download.What is your favorite coffee cake recipe?
Cinnamon swirl with icing..mmmm
One with raspberry or almond filling.
i don't like coffee cake
None. I don't eat that stuff.
Boooo..... to the ones that don't like or don't eat that stuff. Boring. I lived in Winter Park,FL for years in the 80's. There was a Danish Bakery on Park Ave. I forget the name of it but oh my gosh they had the best Danish Pastry I have ever tasted. They use to make this coffee cake that was in the shape of a pretzel and it was filled with Cinnamon and sugar and nuts and it would melt in your mouth. They retired in about 1988...so sad. It was the best and true real Danish Pastry.
Apple strudel sounds great about now. I am not a baker so I just buy them at the store
I don't bake much any more, so I don't know if this recipe is still there, but there used to be a basic coffee cake recipe on the Bisquik box. It was incredibly easy and tasty. I added cinnamon and mashed bananas, and topped it with a simple white glaze.
Sponge coffee cake with coffee butter icing in it and on the top with walnuts on it! Now look what you have done. I have got to make one now!
cooks.com


I have never made this...

No comments:

Post a Comment