Monday, August 23, 2010

Recipe for an 11'; square sponge cake?

So Im making a cake for a friend the above size. A recipe I have in my book says I should use 13 eggs!!! The sponge is then baked and sliced in half to be filled with buttercreama and jam. This seems an awful lot of eggs!?? Plus my tin (Wilson) is only 2'; deep so surely when I level the cake off and fill it it is not going to be very high??





Any tips anyone?Recipe for an 11'; square sponge cake?
yeah, I would say 6 might be about right. Maybe you should search online for a different recipe. That one might have a typo. Try allrecipes.com.


I like that site cuz you can read comments from real people that have actually tried the recipes.


I'll bet your friend will be impressed! Have fun!Recipe for an 11'; square sponge cake?
half the mixture and see how it turns out
  • everyday minerals
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment