Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Anyone have a GREAT recipe for Rum Soaked Cake that doesn't involve a boxed cake mix?

Wow, previous answer was certainly obnoxious, wasn't it? As if anyone who drinks anything is automatically an alcoholic!





In any case, my favorite is rum baba or savarin. It is an easy yeast cake - batter can be made in breadmaker -- which is then soaked in a simple syrup of rum, sugar and water. There are many variations, especially in the quantity of eggs and butter. Check out breadmaker cookbooks for listings. It is very rich and very tasty. If you want, cocoa can be part substituted for the flour to make a chocolate one or you can switch liquor to brandy or a cordial. I usually bake mine in a greased bundt pan. Because of the yeast batter and large amoount of butter, it never sticks.Anyone have a GREAT recipe for Rum Soaked Cake that doesn't involve a boxed cake mix?
Rum is alcoholic. Alcohol is a drug. Drugs are for sick people. Are you ill?





Don't believe the stories that the alcohol will evaporate out when you bake it. Some will, but some won't.Anyone have a GREAT recipe for Rum Soaked Cake that doesn't involve a boxed cake mix?
I can't give you a recipe off the top of my head, but I do know a great website that I get all my recipes from. I love it! www.recipes.com kraft also has some good ones, but I prefer the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment