Monday, November 21, 2011

Need a salmon cake recipe that does NOT use eggs or Mayonnaise!!!!?

For 1 undrained can of salmon, I use two tablespoons of flour and two tablespoons of corn meal. Add a little more if you like the mixture thicker. That's all. That's more than I put in my crab cakes! You can also experiment with cornstarch, it's a great binder.


Scoop them into the pan with a large serving spoon and shape them. I make them thick or thin, depending on how many I'm serving. Cook til golden brown and flip with care (turn only once).


I also season with grated onion or a little dill.Need a salmon cake recipe that does NOT use eggs or Mayonnaise!!!!?
i use cracker crumbs, onions and 1 egg in mine. maybe you could just substitute the egg with something else. maybe a spoonful of cream of celery or potato soup.Need a salmon cake recipe that does NOT use eggs or Mayonnaise!!!!?
Try oil and breadcrumbs. Thats the best I can think of. Maybe olive oil or canola oil. Or try using dijon mustard instead, for a little glue.
hmm, i'm not sure you'd find one. eggs and mayo are the binding agents that keep them together.
I have one that INCLUDES eggs and mayonnaise, does that help?
  • everyday minerals
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment