Monday, November 21, 2011

I need help with a cake recipe!?

I am making red velvet cupcakes that call for buttermilk..can whole plain yogurt be a replacement? Thanks to everyone that answers :)I need help with a cake recipe!?
Buttermilk Substitute:





Milk (just under one cup)


1 Tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice


Preparation:


1. Place a Tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup.





2. Add enough milk to bring the liquid up to the one-cup line.





3. Let stand for five minute. Then, use as much as your recipe calls for.I need help with a cake recipe!?
Put a teaspoon of regular white vinegar or lemon juice into a cup of regular milk, and mix it up. That will act like the buttermilk. Yogurt would be a totally different texture
I never use real buttermilk, just regular 2% milk and a tiny splash of vinegar. Wait until it thickens, 5 min. or so, then it's ready!
YES ! TRY IT
yes but your cake will be more moist

No comments:

Post a Comment